Religion & Worship
Most Maltese are Catholic, but other religious denominations are also represented. There are small Anglican, Church of Scotland, Greek Orthodox, Jewish, Methodists and Muslim communities. Church services held by the various Denominations.
Sunday Mass Services in English
- Birkirkara St Aloysius College - 0930 hrs
- Birzebbugia St Georges Chapel - 0930 hrs
- Bugibba Parish Church - 1000 hrs
- Mellieha Shrine of Our Lady - 1000 hrs
- Mensija Shrine of Our Lady - 1015 hrs
- Rabat St Dominic Church - 1115 hrs
- St Andrews Immaculate Conception Church - 1200 hrs
- St Julians Casa Leone (formerly Blue Sisters) - 1100 hrs
- St Pauls Bay Parish Church - 1100 hrs
- Sliema St Patricks - 08.00 hrs, 0900 hrs, 1015 hrs, 1800 hrs, 1930 hrs and daily at 0730 hrs and 0900 hrs
- Ta Xbiex Parish Church - 1000 hrs
- Valletta (temporarily at Our Lady of Victories Church) - 1200 hrs
- Victoria, Gozo The Seminary - 10.00 hrs
- St Julians Casa Leone (formerly Blue Sisters) - 1800 hrs Valletta (temporarily at Our Lady of Victories Church) - 1915 hrs
- Valletta Santa Caterina dItalia - 11.00 hrs
- Valletta Santa Barbara - 11.00 hrs (temporarily at Our Lady of Victories Church)
- Valletta Santa Barbara - 10.00 hrs (temporarily at Our Lady of Victories Church)
- Valletta Our Lady of Damascus - 10.00 hrs (Archbishop Street)
- English: Rev. Charles Carabott Tel: 21651057
- French: Rev. Fr Vincent Borg Tel: 21441512
- German: Rev. Fr Maurice Eminyan Tel: 21243681
- Greek: Rev. Vito Borgia Tel. 21223872
- Italian: Rev. Gino Gauci Tel: 21694552
Anglican (Diocese of Gibraltar in Europe)
- St Pauls Anglican Pro-Cathedral, Independence Square, Valletta. Sunday Holy Communion at 8.00 hrs, Sung Eucharist at 10.30 hrs. Holy Communion each Tuesday and Thursday and on Saints Days (or as announced) at 10.00 hrs.
- Sliema: Holy Trinity Church, Rudolph Street. Sunday Holy Communion at 08.00 hrs. Sung Eucharist at 10.30 hrs. The Eucharist each Wednesday, Friday and on Saints Days (or as announced) at 09.30 hrs.
- Mellieha : The Brothers House, Santa Marija, Ix-Xatt. Holy Communion on second Wednesday of each month at 17.00 hours.
- Gozo - Anglican Service: First and Third Wednesday of every month at 11.15 hrs at the Seminary, Victoria.
Contact: Canon Alan Woods (Telephone: 21225714)
Bahai Faith Centre
- Flat 3, Mermaid Flats Ta Xbiex Seafront, Msida.
Contact: Mr. Emmanuel Cassar (Telephone: 21455321)
Ms Paulette R. Crockford (Telephone: 21332115)
Church of Scotland, Methodist and Free Churches:
- St. Andrews Scots Church
- Union of Church of Scotland and Methodist Congregations
- Corner of South Street with Old Bakery Street
- Sunday Divine Service at 10.30 hours
Contact: Rev. Colin A. Westmarland (Telephone: 21222643)
Greek Orthodox Church of St. George
- 83 Merchants Street, Valletta - Sunday Service at 10.00 hours
Contact telephone: 21221600
Islamic Centre, Paola
- The Mosque is open daily between 08.00 and 22.00 hours.
Friday prayers are held at 13.00 hours
Contact: The Imam, Mohammed El Sadi (Telephone: 21672163,
21697203/5 - Fax: 21697207)
- Religious Service is held on first Saturday of each month, temporarily in different localities.
- For detailed information please phone contact person.
Contact: Mr. S. Davies (Telephone: 21445924)
Protestant Church of Germany
- Sunday Divine Service in German is held at St. Andrews Scots Church, Valletta every First and Third Sunday of the Month at 10.00 hours.
Contact: Rev. Andreas Schmidt (Telephone: 21454145)
- This service is held at Evangelical Baptist Church on every Sunday's on 10.30am and 18.30pm, Wednesday's on 7.30pm every week.
Contact Person: Pastor Revd. Edwin Caruana (Telephone: 21433237,
Mobile: 949 9329, e-mail: email@example.com
- Trinity Evangelical Church,
Misrah il-Barrieri, Msida.
Sunday - Service : 10.00am
Wednesday - Service : 7.00pm
Contact: Pastor Paul Mizzi
Bible Baptist Church
- Bible Baptist Church, Triq il-Madonna tal-Gebla, Gzira,GZR 04.
Morning service : 10.15am
Evening service (Dec to April) : 6.30pm
(May to Nov) 7.00pm
Bible Study/Prayer Meeting 7.00pm
Telephone: 21340175,21322752 Mobile: 0944 2576,
- The Word of Life Pentecostal Church is open weekly in Malta every Sunday's on 10.30am and Tuesday's on 7.00pm.
- In Gozo the Jesus First Centre is open on Saturday's 9.30am and on Tuesday's 9.30am every week.
Contact Person: Pastor Revd. Joe Agius (Telephone: 21435529, Fax: 21438248, Mobile:
79475618, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
World of Life